sábado, 3 de julio de 2010

Steve Miller Band - Number 5 - 1970

Extracto de una entrvista al tio Esteban:
[Interviewer:] When you look back over the span of your career, what are the lasting moments, the sweetest highs?

[Miller:] I would have to say spending time with Les Paul and T-Bone Walker when I was young. Growing up in Dallas, being part of that phenomenal music scene. I found a way to do what I really wanted to do, which is so important for a kid. Near the end of college, my parents said, 'Steve, what are you going to do?' I said, 'I want to go to Chicago and play the blues.' My father looked at me like I was insane. But my mom said, 'You should do it now.' So I went to Chicago. And that was a special time. I played with Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolf. I got to work with adults and realized music was what I wanted to do, what I loved.

Canciones:
1."Good Morning" (Bobby Winkelman) – 2:48
2."I Love You" (Steve Miller) – 2:45
3."Going to the Country" (Miller, Ben Sidran) – 3:47
4."Hot Chili" (Tim Davis) – 3:30
5."Tokin's" (Davis) – 4:23
6."Going to Mexico" (Miller, Boz Scaggs) – 2:29
7."Steve Miller's Midnight Tango" (Sidran) – 2:40
8."Industrial Military Complex Hex" (Miller) – 3:54
9."Jackson-Kent Blues" (Miller) – 7:18
10."Never Kill Another Man" (Miller) – 2:42

Musicos:
Steve Miller – guitarra y cantante
Lonnie Turner – bajo
Bobby Winkelman – bajo y cantante 
Ben Sidran – teclados
Nicky Hopkins – Teclados
Tim Davis – bateria y cantante
Charlie McCoy – armonica
Lee Michaels - organo en "Going To Mexico"

Number 5

1 comentario:

Unos colegas